Nihon Falcom’s longest operating collection, Yscelebrated its thirty fifth anniversary yesterday, and followers of the red-haired adventurer Adol are eagerly awaiting his subsequent massive voyage – most likely with a shipwreck or two within the wake.
And on this week’s problem of Famitsu, Falcom’s President Toshiro Kondo has shared some fairly handsome key artwork from the subsequent Ys title – most likely Ys X – which we have now embedded on the high right here. We are able to see Adol on the left right here, however on the fitting is a blonde-haired lady sporting an ax and a protect. Is that this a Ys Origin reference?
Along with this excellent artwork, Kondo has additionally shared some goodies from the subsequent recreation. These particulars have been shared by trusted Japanese insider and reporter ryokutya2089, translated on Twitter by @ Hansuke21and reported by Noisy Pixel.
ryokutya2089 says on his weblog that:
– Adol appears to be like like a younger boy, across the age of Ys I & II.
– A lady who appears to be like like the principle heroine is proven. Makes use of a one-handed ax. Their arms are related by an aura-shaped string / string. ”
– 1 on 1 battle is a spotlight, with big modifications within the social gathering member altering mechanics and weapon attributes. Personally, this appears comparable Ys VIthough it’s not completely sure but.
– Soul-like inspirations are pronounced, however not apparent.
@RyujiBlades has additionally translated the factors from the Famitsu interview for Noisy Pixel, which fits into slightly extra element and confirms what ryokutya2089 has stated. We now have taken the main points of the brand new Ys title completely, however Kondo additionally confirms his favourite Ys character and the truth that Darkish reality – the troublesome boss from Ys I took him a really very long time to beat
– Mentions an emphasis on offering new play, in addition to new situations, actions and programs.
– The title will happen in Eresia, though the writer of the Famitsu article paints this as hypothesis.
– Kondo emphasizes that Ys X will not be a full-on souls-like, as a result of there’s merely inspiration taken from the style
– Kondo recommends all Ys video games for newcomers. Later video games like Ys VIII and IX are explicitly said and shouldn’t be intimidating as they’re standalone.
– Ys X’s story is not going to be centered across the Romun Empire
– The social gathering member system the place you alter characters and weapon attributes (Slash, Pierce & Strike) at will has undergone main modifications, though it has not but been developed how
– Kondo strongly means a multi-platform model.
– Adol shall be round 17 years previous, his age beneath Ys 1 & 2
Modifications to the social gathering system – which has been in place since Ys Seven – together with some Soulslike inspirations sound like a little bit of a change for the collection, which has already seen a number of modifications over time. We’ll have to attend and see what extra Kondo has to share in regards to the upcoming recreation, and if this actually is the subsequent numbered Ys recreation.
The final Ys recreation to launch was the 2021 Ys IX: Monster Nox, which got here to Change final summer time nearly two years after its Japanese launch.
Kondo has just lately written that he needs to carry extra Ys and Trails titles to fashionable platforms, and that is one thing he confirmed through the Famitsu interview.
What do you concentrate on the introduction of potential Soulslike components within the Ys collection? Tell us within the feedback.